reflects in retrospect

Don’t be worried if the world doesn’t believe in you.
You can do it.

Don’t be worried if the one person who should doesn’t either.
You’ll be fine.

And don’t even be worried if you don’t believe in yourself.

Because that is not the point when you should be worried.
That is the point when you should be afraid.

For you are your very own worst weakness
and similarly,
your greatest strength.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I used to only take photos in black and white. And what’s amazing is that in retrospect I think I was hiding but sometimes it is only in black and white that our colours are truly visible.

image

gdp

Advertisements

14 thoughts on “reflects in retrospect

• Jarrod C says:

People often define themselves by the measures of others. We waste our time waiting to be fulfilled by others and for them to hold us up for our insecurities.

Thanks for posting this very inspiring post.

Liked by 1 person

• theginnydiaries says:

Thank you for being inspired. I am tired of letting anyone but me define me. My happiness, my worth, my success, it’s all up to me. Measure yourself against who you were, who you are and who you want to be. That’s the only true way it’ll count.

• Jarrod C says:

Well stated. That is something I am currently struggling with. Defining myself against who I think I should be and realizing my path is set to be different and realizing that is okay and I am not a failure.

Liked by 1 person

• theginnydiaries says:

Good! Because that’s another point. Sometimes we become our own enemies by the restrictions we place on ourselves. And rather than being who we think we should be, perhaps it’s better to just let ourselves be. Our minds and our spirits need to stop fighting. 😩 lol.

• Jarrod C says:

Sometimes – for better or for worse – it is hard to give up our expectations especially if we are perfectionists. Defining “success” and “happiness” is important and has different definitions to each individual.

Liked by 1 person

• theginnydiaries says:

Truth. Sigh. It’s funny because sometimes you have to get past a moment to realise how you felt in it. And for me too often that’s when I’ve realised my happiness. In retrospect. I’m striving to have those realisations in the current time frame. That’s my struggle.

Leave a comment please. Feedback helps me grow.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w